Problem with Outlook Express (6) Tool bar

freaky 18:12 07 Aug 09

On my wife's PC the following problem has occurred with Outlook Express (6):-

1)When creating a new message the Tool Bar for editing-Font etc does not appear.

2)When clicking View-Layout the Formatting Bar Option is faded out and therefore cannot be selected.

Have searched Windows Help to no avail!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Sea Urchin 18:17 07 Aug 09

On new message View - Toolbars - click Formatting Bar

freaky 18:34 07 Aug 09

Thanks Sea Urchin, but as I stated above it's faded out and cannot be selected.

Sea Urchin 18:40 07 Aug 09

You misled me by saying View - Layout which is only available on the main OE window, not in the new message. I now see you meant View - Toolbars.

So this probably means you are sending messages in Plain Text and not HTML format.

You can switch when composing a new mail by using the Format menu, or you could set the option to always default to HTML format when composing a new message (Click on Tools, then Options, and under the Send tab in options look at the bottom of the page and be sure that you have a dot in the circle next to compose mail in HTML format and not in the circle next to compose in plain text).

freaky 20:58 07 Aug 09

Thanks for info'......will try again tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Krimberry 23:44 16 Nov 09

The toolbar on Outlook Express has suddenly vanished. I have gone to View and Layout. The boxes are ticked but still no taskbar.

Sea Urchin 00:11 17 Nov 09

Much better to start your own thread - and when you do explain which toolbar you mean - in the program or on a message.

freaky 09:18 17 Nov 09

Thanks all but have resolved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac