Problem with Outlook Express (6) Tool bar

freaky 18:12 07 Aug 09

On my wife's PC the following problem has occurred with Outlook Express (6):-

1)When creating a new message the Tool Bar for editing-Font etc does not appear.

2)When clicking View-Layout the Formatting Bar Option is faded out and therefore cannot be selected.

Have searched Windows Help to no avail!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Sea Urchin 18:17 07 Aug 09

On new message View - Toolbars - click Formatting Bar

freaky 18:34 07 Aug 09

Thanks Sea Urchin, but as I stated above it's faded out and cannot be selected.

Sea Urchin 18:40 07 Aug 09

You misled me by saying View - Layout which is only available on the main OE window, not in the new message. I now see you meant View - Toolbars.

So this probably means you are sending messages in Plain Text and not HTML format.

You can switch when composing a new mail by using the Format menu, or you could set the option to always default to HTML format when composing a new message (Click on Tools, then Options, and under the Send tab in options look at the bottom of the page and be sure that you have a dot in the circle next to compose mail in HTML format and not in the circle next to compose in plain text).

freaky 20:58 07 Aug 09

Thanks for info'......will try again tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Krimberry 23:44 16 Nov 09

The toolbar on Outlook Express has suddenly vanished. I have gone to View and Layout. The boxes are ticked but still no taskbar.

Sea Urchin 00:11 17 Nov 09

Much better to start your own thread - and when you do explain which toolbar you mean - in the program or on a message.

freaky 09:18 17 Nov 09

Thanks all but have resolved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…