Problem with Outlook Express

bjantbear 21:02 20 Dec 04

sometimes when I receive an e-mail in Outlook Express I get a message saying " OE has stopped the atatchment from opening" or words to that effect.

This means that I sometimes cannot open perfectly innocuous attachments.

Does anyone know how I can stop this so that I can read mey mail properly again.

VoG II 21:03 20 Dec 04

Tools/Options, Security tab, Untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

bjantbear 19:35 22 Dec 04

I will try it and see what happens.

User-271645 12:58 29 Dec 04

When I send email by outlook express everything works but the message doesnt display,the subject is there !!!!
any ideas gratefully received

Stuartli 13:05 29 Dec 04

Just one point about OE - always have the Preview Pane DISABLED - this prevents any virus etc being set in action merely with a click of the mouse.

Even better, switch to Mozilla Thunderbird (and Firefox 1.0 as the browser) to very substantially reduce security issues.

You can import your OE settings (and IE) into Thunderbird and Firefox respectively during installation or, indeed, afterwards.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:48 29 Dec 04

Start a thread of your own

you will then receive e-mail notifications when someone has replied. Putting your question in this thread means bjantbear will be getting unwanted replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…