Problem with Outlook 2003 contacts

exdragon 20:34 24 May 08

Hi -I've just had my pc reformatted and am having a problem with Outlook. Previously, in the Address Book, I had my Contacts (personal) and also a separate list for a club I belong to. Prior to the reformat, I saved the .pst files and imported them back into Outlook.

However, only my personal Contacts are showing in the Address Book, although when I look in the Contacts folder (as in Mail, Calendar, Contacts etc), the Club contacts are all there.

How do I get them back into the Address Book, please, whithout having to type them all in individually?

XP, by the way, and I'm using Outlook, not Outlook Express.

exdragon 22:46 24 May 08

Anyone, before it vanishes? I'm sure it's something obvious but I can't see it at the moment.

Taff™ 07:50 25 May 08

This is quite common. When you go to select a Club Member, for example to copy them in on an e-mail, use the drop down box to select the correct Contact Folder.

You could try creating a new contact folder for club members, call it a slightly different name, then select all the records in the original folder. (Select one and then use Ctrl Key + A Key) Then holding down the Ctrl Key drag them to the new folder. There will be a + sign next to the cursor as you do this which signifies that they are being copied not moved. If that cures the annoyance you can delete the original folder.

exdragon 09:59 25 May 08

Thanks, Taff™, you're a star!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…