Is this a problem or just 'one of those things'

DANZIG 17:51 11 Jan 08

Hi, had an issue that occurred last night with my laptop and its wireles connection to the internet.

I've managed to sort it out today after thinking about it all day at work but I was wondering if this is a normal issue or symptomatic of something bigger on the horizon.

Basically what happened was last night I was fiddling around on the 'net on my laptop when suddenly the connection appeared to disappear.I tried logging back on again but it wouldn't connect (according to IE7). The lap top was saying it was connected but IE wasn't.

Today I have come home and, after a bit more of a think, unplugged the Virginmedia BB modem from the power for about 30 secs and had to re-enter some serial numbers (WEP key??) on the main PC which it is hard wired to. Everything seems OK now. Thankfully.

Is this normal????

Technotiger 17:54 11 Jan 08

Well let's say it is not unusual, and you did the correct thing.

SANTOS7 17:56 11 Jan 08

For computing, probably, no need to look for issues when they are not really there, If it does persist there may be something afoot and you may get more to work on as a resolve, but for now just a glitch me thinks...

DANZIG 17:58 11 Jan 08

I hope it was just a glitch, I've only had this wireless wonder on the go for a fortnight and I felt like I'd lost an arm without it!!! lol

DANZIG 18:02 11 Jan 08

Thanks for the reassurance. Off to the pub now!

Back later maybe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…