Problem opening Word Document marked PUB file

freaky 21:16 12 Apr 05

The Wife needs to print some documents that were transferred from her old PC to a new PC.

For some reason they are now called Word PUB files, and when you open them all you see is a load of code !

Have tried opening them with Adobe Reader but they would not open. Would appreciate advice on how to overcome the problem.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:23 12 Apr 05

You need Microsoft Office (Publisher) on the computer or go here and sign up for 5 free PDFs;-)))) click here

G

freaky 20:10 13 Apr 05

Thanks for that, fortunately I had Microsoft Publisher on my PC......so problem sorted.

Is there a way to convert these files so that they will print out in Word ?

VoG II 20:12 13 Apr 05

File/Save As and select Word (or .rtf) as the file type.

freaky 20:47 13 Apr 05

Thanks for the suggestion, but I clicked on one of the PUB Documents to highlight it, then clicked File. There was no Save option displayed !

megat193 21:58 13 Apr 05

If the files were transferred from another pc, then they may be read only, in which case there might not be a save option. You did open the file in Publisher first, then try to save as .rtf??

xquest 22:51 13 Apr 05

I use Word's 'Recover text from any file' facility (it's one of the 'Files of Type' entries) to extract the text from a Publisher file to a Word.doc file.

VoG II 22:52 13 Apr 05

Open the file in Publisher, then click File and so on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…