Problem in opening a swf file

anchor 16:05 01 Jan 05

My friend sent me by e-mail a swf file. I know this type of file is a Macromedia flash, so downloaded the latest flash player. All seemed well, and I could see the animated logo on the Macromedia site. I have WinXP-Pro.

I rebooted and tried to open the attachment, but a message said Windows could not open this file type. I tried to find the Macromedia folder, and could only find this in Windows\system32\Macromed

Various sub-folders are there, (common, director, flash, shockwave8, shockwave10, update), with a few files in each these sub-folders. What file should I use to associate swf files with?. How can I resolve this problem?.

TomJerry 16:10 01 Jan 05

or any other web broswer

in IE: file, open, broswer, find the directory with the file and change o file type as all files and youcan see it and just open it

anchor 16:25 01 Jan 05

Thanks for your replies. However, when I do this I still get the same message, and it wants to know what programme created it. Any other ideas please?.

I assume the Flash Player installation is OK, (anyone know of a site with a swf file for me to try it out?).

anchor 16:48 01 Jan 05

Success!. Have been playing with various other ways to get it to play in IE, and it worked.

Thanks crx1600 and TomJerry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…