problem with opening some files

stan chester 23:52 12 Dec 05

I downloaded Able photo show software once and then got rid of it.
However now, when I want to open things it keeps coming up saying "cant open this file of such& such type cos it cant find able photoshow. Also appears at the top of the box which appears if you rt. click something saying "browse with able photo etc.
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this please?

Jaro 00:00 13 Dec 05

you can set up another program to use when opening certain files. i think you can to do in control panel go to tools - folder option - file types and there you can set which type of file to open with certain program. then when you click on file it will be opened with the program you set up.

DieSse 00:02 13 Dec 05

How to modify the context menu click here this involves editing the registry - follow their instructions very carefully.

Rt click on one of the problem files, and choose *Open with* from the menu. Choose the program you want to use - then tick the box *Always use....* and OK it.

badhair1963 06:50 13 Dec 05

Open Explorer. Click Tools, then Folder Options. Find the file type that you are trying to open and click "open with". Search for an appropriate program on your system with which to open the file and set that as the default program for opening that file type.

Jaro 14:17 13 Dec 05

thats what i said already mate. you should read first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…