problem opening pictures in XP

paulj 12:42 20 Aug 05

When I try to open pictures in win xp the folder is very slow to open, and the thumbnails are in super low res.If I try to scroll through before they are fully open the screen blanks and the folder closes then the screen restores.I have run a virus scan and none are present.Please help

jack 14:09 20 Aug 05

Use an image editor/viewer - click here is one the Google one is another - both free down loads.
There may help.
Ib suspect however this colud be an image size and low memory/resources problem.

johnnyrocker 14:12 20 Aug 05

i thought xp came with own image viewer? might also be worth running full antispyware sweeps.

johnny.

paulj 15:08 20 Aug 05

hi thanks ran antispyware no effect none found.
I dont have a problem viewing once I can get the folder to open windows picture viewer works fine it is just opening any folder with pictures in that is the problem some open slowly some half open with the rest of the thumbnails showing the icon that indicates that it doesnt know which programme to use to open it.but if i click on it the picture viewer sees it ok. and then some folders dont open at all that is when the desk top clears the folder closes and an error report is sent.

jack 11:55 21 Aug 05

Try this
Start/programmes/accessories/imaging.
XP's very own editior/viewer.

Check also screen resolution- Control/Display/Settings -make sure it is set to highest.

paulj 20:52 21 Aug 05

hi jack
no folders stiil slow to open or crash. nb. it is only fo;ders with pictures folders with movie clips or programmes open ok
thanks paul

jack 19:34 22 Aug 05

Give us a system run down.
Memory/CPU/graphics card -all that
What graphics program loaded

What is running in the back ground
Will take it from there

Kenneth-266656 19:39 22 Aug 05

Suggest plenty of memory if you are going to be dabbling with pictures 512MB min.

paulj 20:24 22 Aug 05

1 gig memory

paulj 20:28 22 Aug 05

p4 2.53 128mb graphics 1 gig memory system has been running great the problem started for no apparent reason no matter what programme i use to try and open pictures the files wont open then the programme closes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…