Problem with onboard sound

Fahara 20:23 08 Feb 04

I have just reformatted my computer by myself for the first time and I have no sound! I know I have an onboard sound card but I don't know why its not working. The operating system is Windows 98 second edition. PLease help!

10to2 20:27 08 Feb 04

By "reformatting" do you mean "formatted" your hard drive?

If yes then you will have to reinstall the motherboard drivers supplied to you on CD.

Fahara 20:31 08 Feb 04

OOOh dear, I'm pretty sure I don't have the drivers, is ther any way I can get them from the internet? (and yes, I do mean formatted)

10to2 20:41 08 Feb 04

Yes the drivers are available on the net .

What motherboard do you have?

cycoze 20:54 08 Feb 04

Have you still got the MotherBoard cd , the drivers will be on that.

Fahara 21:22 08 Feb 04

I dont - I have a driver recovery cd that says it has them on it, but its defunct, how can I find out what the name of my motherboard is?

VoG II 21:25 08 Feb 04

click here will tell you.

Fahara 21:38 08 Feb 04

The motherboard is the same thing as the 'main circuit board' as it says on that programme? Then it is MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6340(VT8363)
What now?? (p.s. thanks ur being v.helpful!!)

VoG II 22:07 08 Feb 04

This is all I could find click here

Are you sure that's the right number (not a typo)?

Fahara 22:13 08 Feb 04

not a typo...its exactly what the Belarc Advisor says is my main circuit board

gudgulf 22:23 08 Feb 04

Have a look on click here Use drivers all for the username and password respectively.With a bit of luck you should be able to find all the drivers you need here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…