Problem with old dbx files on new pc

Marty1 07:20 17 Dec 05

I had saved all the old dbx files that I wanted to keep from my old pc running Win 98SE. I renamed them so that they would not clash with new folders on new pc running XP Home. I inserted them into the folder that the new pc uses but Outlook Express does not seem to see them and they are not displayed when I open OE. What am I doing wrong?

PaulB2005 07:58 17 Dec 05

You need to import them into OE. Move them out of your OE folder first to a temporary folder. Right click them and select Properties to make sure they are not Read Only.

File, Import, Messages, Outlook Express 6, Import mail From OE6 Store Directory, Browse to where the DBX files are and select the folders. It'll then import them.

Gingermum 07:59 17 Dec 05

OE will not recognise folder you copy into your folder containing the dbx files.
If you've placed your dbx files there, remove them first.
Open OE and create new folders with the same names. Copy an old email into each new folder so that OE will create the dbx folder with that name.
Now close OE and overwirte the newly created folders with your old folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…