Problem with Norton Internet Security and Word

RD9 00:42 20 Feb 05

Recently installed Internet Security 2005 - now Word takes 10 to 15 minutes to become usable. Disabling Norton solves the problem with Word. Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this problem without disabling Norton?

starlet 05:35 20 Feb 05

RD9,
I have the same problem it takes 2 to 5 mins for my word to be useable, have you tried contacting Symatec it's hopeless.
It also bins all my e-mails even on the lowest setting have had to disable internet security.

Starlet

RD9 10:06 20 Feb 05

Starlet
Haven't had trouble with emails yet. Will try contacting Symantec and see if I can understand their jargon. Thanks for responding.
RD9

buscrew 12:40 20 Feb 05

In Norton AV Options, under other/misc try unchecking the "enable office plugin".

RD9 23:07 20 Feb 05

Buscrew
Thanks for your advice. This problem is on my sister -in-law's computer. Felt responsible because I pushed her into buying Norton and installed it on her computer. Will let you know what happens in case you are interested.
RD9

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…