Problem with Norton Internet Security Software

chinook 14:20 27 Apr 03

I have Windows XP Professional, use AOL Broadband and have Norton Internet 2003 Personal Firewall and AntiVirus software. I continue to receive Messenger Service spam despite the fact the Spam option is turned on. Any suggestions as to what to do next? I am also unsure if the Firewall is actually working again, depsite the fact the option is switched on

-pops- 14:23 27 Apr 03

Try this click here

citadel 14:29 27 Apr 03

Have you tried the symantec website for information. You can do a test to see if your firewall is working properly.

PSF 14:36 27 Apr 03

click here

Have a look on this site to test your firewall.

Angie63 17:56 27 Apr 03

Excellent advice from citadel! I contacted symantec and viola no probs since!

chinook 10:09 28 Apr 03

I have reviewed the Symantec web site and found the test process. It seems that my PC is well protected!

I still have not been able to stop the Messenger Spam. it seems strange that the firewall is working OK but that these messages still appear. I know that the commands shown in another response will stop them appearing on my screen but shouldn't the firewall stop them from getting that far??

Am I worrying unduly??

PSF 16:33 28 Apr 03

click here

Have a look at this on the Microsoft site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…