Problem with Norton Internet Security

A.W. 12:03 18 Dec 04

Can't turn the intrusion detection on for Norton Internet Security Professional.
When I click to turn it on, an ! appears with the message; failed to save setting,please verify that your windows account is not restricted.
Can anybody help?

tornado3 12:16 18 Dec 04

cant be of any help but ive got the same kind of problem. still trying to sort it.

FREEDY 11:11 30 Dec 04

had this problem too after looking through the help files on nortons website the best solution was to uninstall and re install the program this stopped the problem i was having.i also remember it being something to do with a bug in one of the updates which i think has been fixed hope this helps

ReyesKing 11:13 30 Dec 04

Internet security 2005 is the bane of society. I have it and it slows my PC on shutdown about tenfold to this day something called ccApp runs and hogs resources, to this day i dont know how to solve it :-*(

Pine Man 12:13 30 Dec 04

Have you tried Symantecs web site. It is very good for resolving problems and can actually check out your set up interactively and fix it.
I know NIS slows your system down but its a small price to pay for security!

ReyesKing 13:29 30 Dec 04

really pine man? how do they do that? i have emailed a techincal suppotr person but the suggestions have all failed so far.

pc moron 14:31 30 Dec 04

Any help? click here

Pine Man 14:58 30 Dec 04

ReyesKing - you need to have faith! Have you really tried the automated support assistant. I have on several occasions and been pleasantly surprised.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…