Problem with no sound Asus A7N8X

Roadgiant 21:21 17 Sep 06

I wonder if anyone can help me, I have just been given a PC, (The University that my wife works at is refurbishing their pods and were replacing Pcs and offering the old ones to staff)
The PC is an Athlon 2500 with 512mb ram and a 40gb hd, I have today fitted a DVD burner (the pc was used on a network and didn't have a drive apart from a floppy)
I then installed Windows XP. I don't have any manuals or discs for the pc (apart from the new XP disc I have just purchased)
The motherboard is a ASUS A7N8X-X and although it has speaker sockets on the back (presumably on board sound?)
If I open control panel and select sound and audio devices it say that there is no Audio device.
Can anybody assist in enabling the sound?
The PC is for my son to replace his ageing P166.
Thanks in advange RG

skidzy 21:43 17 Sep 06

Try looking in Device Manager for any yellow exclaimation marks next to the sound/video controllers.

Start/Right click My Computer/Properties/Hardware/Device Manager/Expand the + key,you may be able to uninstall/update driver/scan for hardware changes. If you uninstall the driver,reboot,xp will load the drivers.
Hope this helps.

ed-0 21:51 17 Sep 06

You will need to download the drivers from click here Pick the correct one for your system, save them to your desktop.

Then open them and click on the exe to install them.

ed-0 21:52 17 Sep 06

just click on the link > drivers.

Roadgiant 21:55 17 Sep 06

Thanks for that,now worked perfectly.
RG

ed-0 21:58 17 Sep 06

motherboard and coupled with a 2500+ barton will perform quite well.

Roadgiant 21:58 17 Sep 06

Thanks also ed-0, for link to manual and drivers. Worked ok from skidzy's solution but at least now I can obtain proper drivers and manual.
RG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now