A problem no one can sort out

Jade 14 G 10:05 08 Aug 05

This is true as well.
I went onto aol broadband two months ago, have always used aol and now have the telephone aol talk but they can't sort this.
When l switch on there's no lights but only the power one on the modem and lights on aol are red, are green if you on broadband.
As soon as l click the sign on screen l get two messages saying that my modem cannot get a message from adsl ( mesage wasn't exactly that but forgot, but its the same thing ) these messages also tel me of things to try but nothing work's so the only way l have devisd to get online is to click on restart and then it comes on fine till l switch of and have to start again, all this takes 8 minutes.
In between all this my network icon comes to tell me the plug isn't in, but don't want it on as l live in a flat so even thogh l have a pc as well as the laptop its never used and not plugged in anywhere.
I hope someone can sort this.

mattyc_92 10:07 08 Aug 05

Ok... That is confusing...

Anyway.... Have you tried uninstalling the AOL software and modem and restarting your system... Then re-install the driver only?

mattyc_92 10:08 08 Aug 05

What modem are you using to connect to the net?

Jade 14 G 11:16 08 Aug 05

Modem is BT Voyager 105

PsiFox 11:21 08 Aug 05

Windows version please.

Graham ® 11:40 08 Aug 05

Look at your Network Connections in Control Panel. Tell us what you see.

Jade 14 G 12:58 08 Aug 05

Windows xp

Graham ® 13:10 08 Aug 05

Can't help if you don't respond.

Jade 14 G 13:11 08 Aug 05

In network connectons local area is off
Wireless connection is off
Local lan connection 2 connected
globespan usb adsl lan mod

My son set boardband up as l was ill but to be truhfull l know a bit more than he does lol

Jade 14 G 13:12 08 Aug 05

I wasofline as my Docter was ere but sorry

Graham ® 13:30 08 Aug 05

The wrong one may be set up as default, and it's trying to use the wrong one.

If you right click on each one and check if it is the default, or gives an option to make default.

The idea is to find the correct one using the Voyager, and disable or delete the others.

With all the re-installing, there nay be duplicate entries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…