Problem with new pci express graphics card

Matthotshot 20:48 23 Feb 05

Hi all,

I'm building a new system with a PCI Express graphics card, I built the system with no problems at all and things were going great until i tried to power up with a monitor connected for the first time. The problem is the screen has lots of flickery white patches on it, like its a snow storm and i can't read anything at all. I can just about see the boot up screen in the back ground. I've tried going into the bios but thats just as bad. I have tried two monitors and they are both the same.

I'm assuming its the new type of graphics card because i've built quite a few PC's and this is the first PCI express board i've used and the first time its happened.

I have two theories at the moment, either i'm missing something or the graphics card is broken.

Please help the new dream machine is just sat there and its depressing me.

Many thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:44 23 Feb 05

Have you got the card in the right slot?

I have heard that on most boards only one of the PCI slots is x16 for the graphics card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…