Problem with new mobile phone

markdosher 11:10 12 Nov 05

My partner bought a new motorola razr that stopped working properly after a couple of weeks. When she took it back to the Orange shop she was first told that there was a problem with the handset but the shop couldn't help her and referred her to Orange customer services. Orange Customer Services said that they couldn't help either as her contract was for another phone (ok, it's a little complicated). When she finally went a bit crazy the manager fetched another motorola from the back of the shop and gave it to her but without the packaging or documents. He did not tell whether the phone he gave her was new or not. Later that day we discovered that the phone hissed when opened and the calender had been programmed with a whole series of appointments.

This is my question: does the fact that it was a new phone that went went wrong entitle my partner to a 'like for like' exchange (that is, new for new) or is she required to accept a used phone as a replecement even though she was not told it was used and it came with none of the packaging or documentation?

john-232317 17:10 12 Nov 05

I assume she bought the phone and it was not a frebbie with the contract? if so her contract was with the firm she bought the phone from, and it is not doing what she bought it to do. Take it back and demand your money back or a new replacement phone. If unsure go to the citizens advice bureau and ask for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…