Problem with networking site

Molly_Don 19:02 29 Jul 10

I'm having on going issues (weeks) with social networking site “Gaydar” I can log in OK but am unable to view profiles or enter chat rooms, the problem is when selecting profile / chat rooms page just hangs, I have contacted Gaydar support & the answer they gave didn't help at all, they suggested I turn off protected mode and or install FF, I've done as suggested yet the problem still exists.

This problem is unique to Gaydar, I haven't experienced any problems with any other networking websites only Gaydar.

My OS is Win 7 – IE8 installed (although I've installed FF as suggested by Gaydar tech support)

Any advice please?

birdface 20:01 29 Jul 10

Maybe try switching your Firewall of and see if you can then connect.
I suppose it could be an ISP problem.

Molly_Don 20:34 29 Jul 10

Hi buteman

I can log on to the site OK, my problem is trying to view profiles / enter chat rooms, the pages just hang.

Not sure if turning my firewall off will create more issues as I have several tabs open at the sametime.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with the laptop I'm using, I don't have any issues when using that site on my desktop, which makes me think it maybe something to do with this laptop, but what, I've no idea.

c4rm0 21:05 29 Jul 10

Make sure you have the latest version of java and flash installed and it should fix the problem

Molly_Don 21:11 29 Jul 10

Hi c4rmO

Just checked Hava site and it says:

Verified Java Version
Congratulations!
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 21).

How do I check I have the latest flash installed please?

Molly_Don 18:59 30 Jul 10

Hi guys

Still having the problem

I believe I have the latest flash player installed

Do I need to install Adobe reader? or should I turn off "Protected Mode"?

rdave13 19:38 30 Jul 10

Try deleting your temp folders, cashe etc either through your browser or run something like Ccleaner and/or Cleanup?
If you run Ccleaner or Cleanup, make sure browsers are closed.

click here

click here

Worth a try.

Molly_Don 20:44 30 Jul 10

Hi dave

Used the links but still have the same problem.

(I use CC on a regular basis)

rdave13 20:55 30 Jul 10

To test flash player; click here

All I can think of is to try system restore to a date whan you think was before this problem.

Molly_Don 23:12 30 Jul 10

Hi dave

I'm getting confused (not difficult for me)

Earlier, my system said I had flash player 10.1 installed.

Just used your link above, says I don't have it installed, so used the install link.

On completion of the download it says:

Error: INSTALLATION FAILED

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…