Problem With Netgear Router

Spinney13 16:47 21 May 08

Really wierd one here I have a Netgear router supplied by work and until last week my PC and both laptops could access simultaneously,now they can only access the net one at a time ,whichever connects first,although all can see the Router.
My PC and works laptop run XP and the other laptop is Vista.
Do I need anything set up that allows multiple connections to share a router.

Mike101 18:18 21 May 08

I had a similar problem with my Netgear (DG834GT), which was solved by switching off the router and all pc's and laptops, and then switching on the router first, and then the pc's/laptops. But I guess you will have tried that, because it is standard action whenever there is connection problem with the router - but worth mentioning anyway.

CLONNEN 13:25 22 May 08

Go to the Router page at http: //192.168.0.1 and see what IP addresses it is allocating to the laptops (Attached Devices) - they need to be on different numbers to both connect at the same time eg 192.168.0.2 for XP laptop and 192.168.0.3 for Vista laptop.

To change the IP address allocated look for an IP Setup option on the left menu.

L8-tian 19:50 04 Jun 08

please mention the model number of the netgear router and your ISP name.we had a similar problem.

Spinney13 20:51 04 Jun 08

LB Tian Its a Netgear WGT624 108 mbs router and my ISP is Virgin Media

Clunnen thats one of the problems I cannot even with a cable connect to the router to check any addresses

L8-tian 22:58 04 Jun 08

hi,
i hope the ISP is cable connection.
do you know the firmware version for the netgear router?
please mention the router whether it is version 1 or version 2 or 3?

davejo 14:06 07 Jun 08

If everything worked at some previous time, which is the way I'm reading it, then it's seems to me it might be something you have installed i.e. windows update or similar.

Things don't just stop working unless either, settings are changed or files change or unless you have a virus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…