Problem with .Net Framework

ventanas 09:42 23 Mar 05

Been trying to solve this problem on this particular machine for months. Managed it with a format over Xmas, but it came back. Whenever I try to run a program that requires the .net framework I get a series of error message shown here click here These examples are from Paintdotnet, but I get the same with DriveImage, and when I try to install any .net updates. As I said a format did cure it, but only for a short while. To the best of my memory it went down again during a series of Windows updates. I have also tried this fix click here without success, and have now run out of ideas. Very grateful for any suggestions as I'm tearing my hair out with this.

Yoda Knight 10:36 23 Mar 05

Post the contents of the log file in the 3rd picture. Also try installing a debug handler as mentioned in the 2nd picture.

Post back with results, if any... and we can take it from there

ventanas 10:53 23 Mar 05

Thanks for the response. The log file is on my home machine so will have to wait till tomorrow.

Can you please help me with obtaining a debug handler, never heard of them.

Again, thank you.

Yoda Knight 11:06 23 Mar 05
  ventanas 11:16 23 Mar 05

Just found this on the internet click here lots of similar problems. They all seem to be connected with Dells. I am using a Dell now and .net framework works fine. The problem machine is an Advent.

I will now check out your link. Thanks very much.

Chegs ® 11:25 23 Mar 05
  ventanas 11:59 23 Mar 05

I'm tempted to try installing this to see if it solves it click here

Anyone know when there is likely to be a release version.

ventanas 08:32 24 Mar 05

Crash log as requested. Many thanks.

Crash log for Paint.NET v2.0 (Final Release build 2.0.1812.22878)
Time of crash: 21/03/2005 21:46:07

Exception details:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800700B7): Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.GdipCreateFontFromLogfontW(HandleRef hdc, Object lf, IntPtr& font)
at System.Drawing.Font.FromLogFont(Object lf, IntPtr hdc)
at System.Drawing.Font.FromHfont(IntPtr hfont)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_DefaultFont()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Font()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.AssignParent(Control value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
at PaintDotNet.PdnBaseForm.InitializeComponent()
at PaintDotNet.PdnBaseForm..ctor()
at PaintDotNet.MainForm..ctor(String[] args)
at PaintDotNet.Startup.Start()
at PaintDotNet.Startup.Main(String[] args)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time of crash: 21/03/2005 22:15:34

Exception details:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800700B7): Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
at System.Windows.Forms.Screen.FromPoint(Point point)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.FillInCreateParamsStartPosition(CreateParams cp)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.get_CreateParams()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Size(Size value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Size(Size value)
at PaintDotNet.SplashForm..ctor()
at PaintDotNet.MainForm..ctor(String[] args)
Time of crash: 21/03/2005 22:18:00

Exception details:
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.WaitMessage()
at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
Time of crash: 22/03/2005 21:31:04

Exception details:
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.WaitMessage()
at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

Yoda Knight 09:06 24 Mar 05

Give it a try

ventanas 09:17 24 Mar 05

Going to, over the holiday. Will be paranoid first though. I have Ghost, DriveImage2002 and Acronis TrueImage, and will use them all first. Probably XP's automatic recovery as well. Good job I have a large slave drive to take the images.

If it goes bellyup I should be able to get back.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…