Problem with Nero

edelinski-199425 18:23 03 Sep 04

I have Nero 6. and before couple days I was update him from Nero main page, and record some CD and all was all raight, but now when I try to record CD he start to record and after couple seconds stop and show message " POWER CALIBRATION". I have Windows 2000, if somebody know what this mean please help.

Smiler 19:00 03 Sep 04

Try a branded make of disc and use a lower burn speed.

Smiler 19:01 03 Sep 04
  edelinski-199425 20:43 04 Sep 04

I try everything and nothing, I was clean all and install again and still not work, and funy thing I have program "Burn4free" and he also not work, VWindovs mwdia player also can't burn CD's so now I dont know what to do, and evrithing else wor perfect

MIke 21:25 04 Sep 04

How old is your cd writer?

My drive was like yours perfect, but slowly but surely errors such as you describe crept in. Despite re-installing Nero, re-installing windows trying various brands of media nothing solved the problem. Sometimes I could burn cds no problem, other times I was just making coasters. I also noticed the drive would make fairly loud thumping noises as the laser tried to recognise the disc. Whenever I heard those noises I knew burning would fail.

As my drive was a few years old and out of warranty I've just bought a new drive. Result: no thumping sounds and perfect burning again.

bobby-c 21:27 04 Sep 04

hi i had his problem after swapping the ide leads and power leads and it still did not work i tried it in another pc and the same thing so i changed the cd writer and it worked so i think mabe your writer has gone sorry

edelinski-199425 23:18 04 Sep 04

My writer is about 3. years old is a Philips
CDRW2412A, so now I have only option to buy another writer, and like you say its make lots noise when burn so he must go on holliday, I will by new writer and I hope then all gonna be just ok.Thank's people.

edelinski-199425 18:31 08 Sep 04

My problem is fixed - I buy new rewriter and now work perfect, I burn about 15 CD and no problem, thanks you all for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…