Problem with My Computer

Johnsy 19:19 08 Dec 04

I am using Windows SP with SP2 included. I have recently had a problem when accessing My Computer after the initial click on My Computer, I successfully get the response which shows amongst other things,my C drive. when I click on this I again successfully get the Folders on my C Drive. However when I choose any Folder after that I get a screen asking for search parameters, not the selected Folder. I also notice that when I click on File (at the top of the page) it shows Search... , Explore,Open etc. What has gone wrong?

woodchip 19:21 08 Dec 04

Try going back to a restore point

VoG II 19:22 08 Dec 04
  Johnsy 21:08 08 Dec 04

Thank you. Modifying the Registry has cured the problem.

Johnsy 20:39 24 Feb 05

I am receiving unsolicited Internet Pages. How can I stop these?

Jackcoms 20:43 24 Feb 05

"I am receiving unsolicited Internet Pages"

Do you mean pop-ups?

If so, make sure you have the XP SP2 pop-up blocker on.

Johnsy 10:53 05 Jan 06

I am using Windows XP with SP2. I have a problem getting my DVD Writer ( a TEAC W548E). When I load a blank DVD it will not recognise it and says "No Disc" I have tried Sony and Philips but neither will work. What is wrong?

Shas 11:38 05 Jan 06

Can't help I'm afraid, but best to start a new thread entitled "DVD Writer Problem" or something. Adding this new problem to a different one, (which you've also ticked as resolved), may get it missed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…