problem with MSN Messenger help please

bof:) 16:48 13 Sep 06

Hi all, uing MSN Messenger ver7.5.

After sining in and clicking on my emails page, the page I get is in very lage text. I put password into this and then the MSN email page appears in large print. I have to scroll down the page to get to my inbox.

If I access the same page via hotmail.com, I get a normal sized page.

I've tried uninstalling MSN Messenger, clearing registery and reinstalling again but get the same result.

Any help would be graetly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mike

ps all other websites are being shown at normal size.

Jackcoms 16:52 13 Sep 06

Sign in to MSN Messenger and then go to Tools; Options; Messages; Change Font

bof:) 20:05 13 Sep 06

Hi Jackcoms, thanks for the suggestion. I've checked out the font sizes on the contacts page my fonts are set to times new roman green.

They have always been set to this.

I get the enlarged font size on the webpage that opens up when I click on the emails icon in the contacts page.

I put in my password and press sign in, this takes me to my email page but vastly enlarged.I've checked in the options on the email webpage and there seems to be no option to alter size of the fonts.

After altering font size I tried the same as above and got the same result.

BUT if I access my email page via hotmail.com all appears normal. This is what I cannot figure out.

Why the enlarged pages when I access my email page through MSN messenger icon on desktop/sign in/click on email enveloope?

Mike

bof:) 10:25 14 Sep 06

Hi all further problem...is it related?

click here

Thanks,

Mike

bof:) 14:06 21 Sep 06

bump

skidzy 14:18 21 Sep 06

Hi Bof

Sorry i do not have the answer,but im pretty sure that this question came up very recently.Ive tried a PCA search,sadly to no avail.

Maybe someone who posted to this question will provide the link,maybe even the author.

Good luck

rdave13 14:58 21 Sep 06

Does this help click here

ACOLYTE 15:04 21 Sep 06

Have you tried holding the ctrl button in and scrolling the mouse button on the page?,makes the page bigger or smaller.

bof:) 11:29 22 Sep 06

Hi All,

Problem only affects:

1) MSN Hotmail website if accessed via msn messenger icon on desktop,

2) IE startup page if accessed via IE icon on desktop

3) Windows update website if accessed via list above Start'.

Rdave13 and ACOLYTE , I've tried altering the websites affected by both holding down the ctrl button and the + or - button on the keyboard.

I've also tried the view/font size options.

Nothing this only worked for the microsoft update site but if I close site and go back its enlarged again.

Any website opened in IE (including PCA) appears vastly enlarged and will not reduce at all.

Any websites opened in Firefox are opening at their propper size.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated because I've run out of ideas.

Many thanks,

Mike

skidzy 15:50 22 Sep 06

Not sure if this will cure your problem Bof,try deleting your IE shortcut,then goto Tools/Internet Options/Programs and reset web settings/Reboot and try IE again.

Little bit of luck maybe !

bof:) 16:15 23 Sep 06

Hi skidzy, do you mean delte IE desktop icon and reinstall it then go to tools/internet options/programs then reset websettings?

If I delete the IE icon 1st, which tools/internet settings do I use?

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…