Problem with MS Word Template

Hercules03 13:07 21 Oct 04

Hello
I have created a template in Word using the document properties as a means to create variable data. Im also using mail merge to add a name and address before passing the document on for the rest of the variable information to be added (as .doc).
However, despite the fact that Ive closed the data source and merged to new document before saving, it insists on trying to re-open the data source each time.
I need to remove this link so that I can send the document to people who dont have the data source.
However, try as I may I can't work it out.
Help please .... :o))

Trolley 15:45 21 Oct 04

You can't send a document to another user who hasn't got the data source.

When MS Word uses a database or a data source it only reads the lines that it requires without copying the data into the file itself.
This means that when you sednd the file you are saving a link to the data source, and not the data from the data source.

Sorry if this doesn't help you very much.

Is there any reason why the useres can't have access to the data source as-well?

Hercules03 17:11 21 Oct 04

Thanks
The templates were going to be sent to a number of different locations some of which are remote (i.e by email). The data base of names and addresses is quite large, and we didn't want to send out multiple sets as it will probably exceed limits.
If there is no other solution, I will abandon the use of the data table, and get the addresses typed in by hand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…