Problem with mouse and keyboard

BiffyClyro 16:25 20 Apr 06

Hello,
Something strange is happening to my pc mainly the mouse and the keyboard. The mouse is very jerky on occasions stopping all together then the cursor will appears on a different part of the screen. it has gradually been getting worse and now after a while the mouse stops working altogether but the pc is still running fine. The keyboard is not as bad but still rather strange when the mouse jerks the lights for the capslock,numlock and scroll lock flash and they switch themselves on and off and as if by magic and the sticky keys box keeps appearing by its self. i have ran adaware, spy bot S+D and registry mechanic and this has made no difference i have also tried another mouse but to no avail. Does anybody have any ideas as to what is wrong?

muscic lover 16:32 20 Apr 06

Is it a ball mouse or optical?

If a ball is underneath you should be able to remove the ball, clean it in soapy water, dry it then clean the rollers inside with a dab of methylated spirit on a cotton bud. Replace ball and securing ring.

If an optical mouse, clean the light source with a clean dry cloth and use it on a NON REFLECTIVE surface. The symptoms are typical of it being used on glass, or meatlic surface.

Try these suggestions first and we can tackle other things if these simple steps dont work.

Keep us informed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…