Problem Mouse

hawthorn59 03:02 14 Jan 05

Hi,

I have a curious little problem with my mouse. First of all, I have a new laptop, but had the same problem with my pc ( a dell, under a year old).

Sometimes, for no reason, the cursor just disappears off the screen! I can bring it back straight away with the mouse of course, but its getting to be very annoying!

It just "flies" off like a rocket, and sometimes a bit slower. Exactly the same problem with the pc. The thing is, its an optical mouse, as was the one on the pc. I wonder?

Also, I may be imagining the following 2 things but Im not sure:

1 It only started after I installed Works 8...

2 I was using the laptop in a different location immediately after buying it, and I dont remember the problem there. But now I have it in the same place as the pc was.... could it be anything to do with speakers and subwoofer????

Oh, its a wireless Belkin mouse, but the one on the pc was an ordinary optical mouse so wireless doesnt seem to be the problem.

So thats it! Thanks in advance.

KC

AndySD 03:34 14 Jan 05

Did both connect to the pc by usb by any chance?

T0SH 09:42 14 Jan 05

One of the most common causes of this problem with optical mice, is use on a mouse mat with picture or pattern, try using a sheet of plain white paper or card

Cheers HC

mattyc_92 09:45 14 Jan 05

See if there is a program listed in "Add/remove programs" called "CrazyMouse"... This app is very annoying so remove it!!!

hawthorn59 20:04 14 Jan 05

No crazy mouse program, even searched for it. It wont work at all, or v slowly, on the desk itself.I'll try a sheet of paper and report back!

Yes both usb. This one worked fine for the first few days on the other desk (no mat). I might try it there again and report back.

Many thanks

KC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…