Problem with monitor since installing network

Harnser 14:38 07 Oct 07

Since I installed a new router/modem (Dlink) my monitor is behaving oddly. I thought it was confined to Win Media Player 11 but it seems to happen in Itunes as well although not as consistently. When I play anything involving video the monitor freezes and then goes black and the - no signal check cable - message comes up and the only way to get the display back is to re-start the PC. I am on XP SP2 the router installed a treat and I have put an adaptor on my laptop and that is working well but the monitor went peculiar after the router/modem went on and before I linked the laptop up. Hope this makes sense?

ambra4 15:48 07 Oct 07

what is the model # of dlink router

Harnser 17:16 07 Oct 07

it is a D-link DKT-710

ambra4 18:38 07 Oct 07

Is the monitor a Crt or Lcd

Is the router next to or close to the monitor??

Harnser 20:04 07 Oct 07

It's LCD and the router is on the floor at present about 30 inches from the monitor

Harnser 22:24 11 Oct 07

Just to say I think I have solved my problem - I have installed another driver and thus far it is all working well with no black screens! Fingers crossed !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…