Problem with Microsoft Automatic Updates

newface 15:57 28 Jan 09

When I click on the Automatic Updates Icon via Control Panel nothing happens. I tried going in via the System icon and then selected the Automatic Updates tab. It showed what I think is the correct info, i.e. I am running Xp with Service Pack3, but nothing happens if I click either the OK or cancel buttons.

I used to get a fair number of updates each month, but nothing for sometime now. Have I got a problem, and if so how do I remedy it?

oldbeefer2 16:07 28 Jan 09

This click here will tell you if there are outstanding updates. don't know why the auto update isn't working.

Pamy 16:43 28 Jan 09

Something has gone wrong so you may have to run CHKDSK /F and see if that corrects it, or if you have the original installation disk you could run SFC /SCANNOW.to try and correct it

provider 2 16:48 28 Jan 09

... or if all else fails, Softpedia`s Dial-a-Fix:

click here

Sea Urchin 16:56 28 Jan 09

Clicking on Automatic Updates only opens the screen to show how your updates are downloaded, and you can change from Automatic to Manual etc. To actually get the updates you must click on Start - All Programs - Windows Update or on the Tools menu in IE. When there you can review your Update History

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…