Problem with microphone.

edenworkshops 14 Apr 12

Hello

I installed a microphone yesterday, just a basic voice microphone.

It worked fine and I made a few recordings.

This morning I tried to record, but could not.

The microphone had a single pink colored meniature jack plug which I plugged into the pink jack socket on the beack of the PC, as I say, yesterday it worked fine and I have made no changes, apart from the one listed below.

I have my PC audio output fed into a domestic sound system.

The microphone would not record, instead the microphone became "live" and picked up and amplified sound.

I have no idea why this change occured.

Whilst checking why the microphone wouldn't record, I opened the "volume control panel". Microphone mute was ticked in the Volume control panel, so I unticked it, went to record, but then found the microphone was live and pcking up sound.

Help! Why has this occured?

Thank you for any help.

Richard

edenworkshops 15 Apr 12

Can anyone help me with this please?

Richard

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message