Problem with messenger

Jameslayer 22:58 18 Apr 10

Hi I am having problems with windows live messnger. When I log into messnger I connect fine but after a few seconds I am logged out again.

So far I have tried:
1-Reinstalling this took two attempts first time it said file was corrupted. Worked on second download.

2-Have ran AVG free and spybot and it said everything was fine.

3-dl and ran Malwarebytes and it found some (Rogue.RegTool and it cleaned them up.

Extra info sometimes when i click on shortcuts or programs they dont start first time and I have to click again. The system may also be running slighly slower but its hard to tell.

Im going to restart in safemode and try running the security stuff again. But does anyone else have any idea.

User-1229748 23:04 18 Apr 10

would post back after you have run malwarebytes in safe mode.is this the reg tool?click here

User-1229748 23:13 18 Apr 10

this is a handy tool that may be worth running,it is only free for a month but it will remove anything it finds and is very quick click here

Jameslayer 00:34 19 Apr 10

Not sure to be honest the malwarebytes found the thing and deleated it. ;Least it said it sorted it out.

Ran spybot malwarebytes and avg in safe mode they didnt find anything but avg did say 149 things were locked.

User-1229748 00:43 19 Apr 10

may have found something that is a part cure for your messenger problem click here

User-1229748 00:46 19 Apr 10

i don't use avg but i just had a quick google and you may find that the locked files are files that are in use by the system and can't be scanned.an avg user may be able to advise you further,plenty at these forums use avg

Jameslayer 18:35 20 Apr 10

thanks will give it a go.

Jameslayer 23:22 20 Apr 10

amsn is working a treat thanks all.

northumbria61 07:26 16 May 10

Hi Jameslayer - with regards to AVG and locked files - you can include these in your SCAN REPORTS -

From the AVG User Interface - Tools - Advanced Settings - Scans (expand scans branch) - Scan whole Computer - then at the bottom of that screen "Set Additional Scan Reports" you have a choice of 5 reports to choose from - the choice is yours to select.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…