Problem with Mcafee Internet Security Suite 2007

leadwellie 14:47 27 Jan 07

Hi.
Can anybody out there help me?
All was well with my pC until shortly after installing Mcafee Security Suite 2007. I now continualy get an error message that reads
SAService Application has encountered a problem
and needs to close.
If anyone uot there knows what is causing the problem and is able to recommend how to resolve it I would be grateful.
I run XP home edition.
Thank you.
Leadwellie.

cocteau48 15:45 27 Jan 07

Hi leadwellie
I ran the 2006 suite with endless problems and at the end of the day was glad to be rid of it but during that time never got a reference to SAService application.
I've just had a look at the Mcafee site and notice that Site Advisor (could that be SAService application) is now integral with the 2007 suite. It was not in the 2006 suite.
You could try uninstalling just the site advisor element to see if that has any effect.You should,in fact be able to uninstall and reinstall each element of the suite separately.
Sorry to say I found the suite overbloated with elements I did not need.It would continually have activeX problems and it added about eight items to my start up menu which really slowed things down.

wolfk1d 19:26 03 Feb 07

Go to Add/Remove Programs click McAfee Security center and then click to uninstall site adviser. This should stop the infinite OK buttons from hell.

You should feel special I registered here just so I could help you after suffering through the OK button hell. Sure it was only 2 minutes but that is approximately 2*60 = 120 OK buttons. I also sent McAfee a email.

I guess now that its down just stay away from p0rn & hack sites. :)

Good Luck,
Aaron

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…