Problem making mp3 disc with Nero.

wesparmalee 16:07 01 Sep 05

I know there is most likely a very simple solution to this,but i can't for the life of me work it out.Whenever i try to make a mp3 disc using Nero Express,i have a problem burning the tracks in the order i want them.As i add tracks one by one before burning them,Nero seems to put them into some sort of alphabetical order,and i can't drag or move them to play in the order i want them.This is really annoying if you are burning an album that has to follow in sequence.There's never any problem burning a normal audio disc,as the tracks can be arranged in any order before burning them,just an mp3 disc seems to be a problem.Sometimes if i add an entire folder,the songs will be re-arranged,i can't understand this at all.Any ideas how to overcome this problem,thanks.

Fellsider 16:43 01 Sep 05

You should be able to drag them into the order that you want, in the left pane.

Simsy 17:05 01 Sep 05

That the "problem" is that, as it's a data disc, not an audio disc, there is no such thing as an "order" for the files.

They can be displayed by date, name, size, as far as the disc is concerned.

When it comes to playing them back in a specific order I suspect that's a factor of the playback software.

As usual, when I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm open to correction!!

Regards,

Simsy

Eric10 17:17 01 Sep 05

You are correct Simsy. MP3s are treated as data. The only work around I know is to add a number 001, 002, etc in front of each title but that will be a bit painful for hundreds of MP3s.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…