Problem logging into a web site

Kishore 12:47 23 Jan 07

I have been using 'stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk' for a long time now. But recently everytime I enter my password and click on 'Logon', the Internet Explorer shuts down completely.
I have queried and asked for help from 'Barclay' but they have not been able to help.
I am using Windows XP Home Edition V. 5.1 and Internet Explorer 7 v. 7.0.5730.11IS.
Cipher strength 128Bits.
Can you help?

Technotiger 13:11 23 Jan 07

Hi, this is probably a conflict with IE7. I would advise you to uninstall IE7 via Control Panel Add/Remove - this will automatically revert you to IE6.

baldtaco 13:18 23 Jan 07

Allowed session cookies?

baldtaco 13:20 23 Jan 07

Oops, ignore that. Read it too quick and thought it was a problem similar to that which someone else had a couple of days back. I is thick.

Kishore 13:43 23 Jan 07

Hi Technotiger, I will try your suggestion and let you know in due course. Mind you, it has worked Ok under IE7 unil now.

Kishore 14:28 23 Jan 07

Hi Technotiger,
I have done as you suggested.
I am on IE6 now.
Still the same problem.

Technotiger 15:12 23 Jan 07

Oh dear, sorry about that, but at least that is one possibility eliminated. I will try to find another way then - meanwhile, I expect others will come on with further ideas.

Technotiger 15:21 23 Jan 07

Me again - I know this link refers mainly to problems with IE7, and that yours was working ok previously, but if you read through I think you might find a similar occurrance as regards logging on to a Bank site.

I will keep looking ...

Technotiger 15:21 23 Jan 07

click here

Ooops, forgot to add the link ...

woodchip 15:25 23 Jan 07

Problem removing IE7 is it leaves a lot of updated files. That's why it as not corrected it. If you have a acronis Image or such I would recomend you load that, or Try System Restore to before you loaded IE7

Kishore 16:23 23 Jan 07

Hi woodchip,
I have had IE7 for almost 8/10 weeks now. The web site in question had worked OK until now.
Why should it behave differently now?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now