problem logging into hotmail

guidewell 23:41 02 Jan 03
  guidewell 23:41 02 Jan 03

My system uses Windows XP (Home) and Office XP (Professional). A week ago I downloaded the latest upgrades. Since then although MSN messenger shows the number of messages in my msn hotmail account, the system does not recognise my login. MSN only provide online support for hotmail and every page I try day after day is not available at this time. In addition my by openworld account no longer recognises my login and password. The only way I can get on to the net is to use an old MSN Freeweb payg a/c which then refers me to bt openworld where I get the welcome page and transfer to the homepage. This invites me to register, but won't open the registration screen. I am already paying for Surftime. This does not happen from my neighbours PC - she is on Freeserve. MSN and BT both say that there is nothing wrong with their servers. MSN gave me an email number for hotmail but this produces a standard reply only which referred me to the pages I had already used. I rang 150 and spoke to BT accounts they recommended me to a hotmail support number at 50p a minute. I don't want technical support I want access. Both internet explorer and outlook are misbehaving - IE develops run time errors that won't debug, outlook says I have no profile soI can't download messages. I do have a profile and I have retyped it. Since outlook won't open I can't get at the toolbar options. There is no MSN support telephone line as far as I can see. Does anyone know what is going on - or does anyone have a helpline number for the Uk that might be useful? Thanks [email protected]

VoG™ 23:45 02 Jan 03

a) try deleting all msn-related cookies

b) use a different browswer e.g. click here

zinnie 07:29 03 Jan 03

guidewell...click on to 'help' in 'hotmail'
you can contact by e-mail.....it worked for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…