Problem Loading New O/S

I am loading a new O/S as it was riddled with Virus. Problem is after installing it boots into safe mode and says Windows cannot continue setup in safe mode and reboots and keeps doing the same. What can I do please.

Diversion 19:09 06 Aug 08

If you format the H/D that you are installing to, it should wipe out any viruses that are on it.

I know but it keeps doing as said above.

MsTechie 20:03 06 Aug 08

When you loaded the new O/S was it from a factory restore disc or a Windows disc?
With the factory restore discs you have to make sure you choose 'format partition' or words to that effect then it will you that all data will be lost.

Im guessing from the problems you have that you just reinstalled windows over what you had rather than a full format.

It was a Windows disc. Although I kept getting a BSOD when booting from disc. So I had to go into windows and load from there doing a full installation.

Eargasm 20:26 06 Aug 08

I've had problems in the past with BSOD when trying to reinstall O/S after a virus, i found running "Killdisk" first has always sorted it.
There's a free version have a read under " Booting from a CD"
click here

MsTechie 20:29 06 Aug 08

OK, so you loaded the disc from Windows, and definitely chose 'full installation' and not 'upgrade'?
When you installed the OS did you choose the option 'install a fresh copy' or 'repair windows'

Don't want to sound condescending but to get to the bottom of your probs I need to know the full story.

woodchip 20:31 06 Aug 08

BSOD may be the CPU running hot with the summer sun. As above as you have just reloaded windows, you have nothing to loose use Killdisk the run the XP CD from boot

I did choose and fresh copy 'full installation' and not 'upgrade'?
When you installed the OS did you choose the option 'install a fresh copy' or 'repair windows'

Diversion 21:55 06 Aug 08

Install fresh copy after running Killdisk, but using Killdisk may take some time it depends on the size of your hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…