Problem loading drivers

I am trying to load some drivers on a laptop from a memory stick (mobo disc lost) - it wont let me. It comes up with an error 16 bit MS-Dos subsystem C:/windows/system32/config.nt the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. What can I do please? Thanks.

baldydave 18:18 01 May 09

Reformat the memory stick to FAT32 file system,
go to my computer /pick memory stick/right click/format pick fat32,then put drivers back onto the memory stick,hopefully that should sort it

Thanks that worked but I am having trouble finding a couple of drivers. HP Compaq nc6000 Notebook PC battery driver and ethernet controller drivers. I have dl and installed nearly every driver on the HP website but these still wont work. Help please. Thanks.

^

woodchip 20:50 01 May 09

Put the Drivers on the desktop start in safe mode and then double click or run setup from desktop

What I mean is I dont have the drivers and cant find them on the net.

MAJ 21:01 01 May 09

You need to know which network adapter the laptop is using, use Belerc click here or SIW click here to identify it if you don't already know. You shouldn't need a battery driver.

woodchip 21:03 01 May 09

But you just said you had the drivers on a stick!

If you read my thread correctly I said 'Thanks that worked but I am having trouble finding a couple of drivers'. I got the network working but every time I start up it keeps asking for the battery drivers/software.

woodchip 21:16 01 May 09

follow this through with model an OS click here

rdave13 21:18 01 May 09

How about something in 'system software management'?
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5