Problem with LightScribe drive

moree 03:28 16 Jan 06

For some reason, I cannot label with my LightScribe drive on CD-R disks, but have no problem with DVD+R disks. Help.

AndySD 03:37 16 Jan 06

Which Lightscribe and what software are you using?

moree 03:44 16 Jan 06

I am using Sonic DigitalMedia Express Labeler and the LightScribe drive is the one that came with my Compaq Presario computer. When I click on Diagnostics - this is the information I get: Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST; Model: DVDRRW GWA-4166B; Drive product number: 1823; Driver Version: 1.4.52.1

AndySD 04:20 16 Jan 06

click here may help or try just reinstalling the origonal software but it sounds like the software isnt compatable with the cd disks so the update may solve it. The drive is made by LG

Biotech 12:29 16 Jan 06

Trysome HP disks as your burner is an LG/liteon/HP and uses the panasonic chipset. My HP 840i burner is a rebadged LG GSA-4166B burns HP disks OK with both Nero cover designer and Sure Thing.

moree 00:44 18 Jan 06

Thank you - turns out I can burn images to any brand of DVD+R disks but can only use HP CD-R disks with my LightScribe drive. Crazy.

Biotech 21:45 18 Jan 06

Don't know if these are cheapest
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…