Problem with the LG DVD Multiwriter

Rich42FL 09:47 22 Jan 04

I have recently purchased the GSA-4040B DVD multiwriter OEM and cannot get it to "burn" either cd or dvd media. Am I missing something? should there be drivers installed and if so where can I get them from (not on the LG website)and where can I get a user manual from?

Chegs ® 09:52 22 Jan 04

Which OS,as 98se will need a burning software(Nero/Roxio Easy CD,etc)installed,whereas XP comes with its own burning software.

Stuartli 10:04 22 Jan 04

The basic Windows CDROM driver is all that is required for CD/DVD-ROM drives and rewriters.

It seems the LG's manual is not very comprehensive according to owners but, in any case, LG (Hitachi-LG) states that its vast bulk of worldwide servers are down for two days until the end of today for work to be undertaken.

The UK website is still available click here and click here

but the link to Service/Support is clearly affected by the other servers not being available.

You should be able to download a manual (if one if offered to download) from tomorrow.

Stuartli 10:07 22 Jan 04

XP's burning software is very limited (Roxio) but there is a Nero plug-in available.

Best to use a dedicated burning program such as Nero which, if it had been bought at the same time as the OEM version of the LG, would have been very much cheaper.

Blokka 10:27 22 Jan 04

if you plan on using nero as your burning software then you will need at least nero 6 as previous versions of this will not support it hope this helps

scotty 11:04 22 Jan 04

Best LG site for support is this one click here . Latest firmware for 4040 is available from this US site but I have not seen a user manual.

If you want to use DVD RAM you will need drivers but you should be OK for the other formats.

I use NERO Express 6 (available for £4.98 from click here ) with this drive.

Rich42FL 11:48 22 Jan 04

Thanks everyone for your responses.
I am using Nero ultra and copy X express. The drive reads OK and plays DVDs but locks up or displays error message cannot initiate "write at once" when it comes to the burning stage.
I am using windows ME on a pentium 3 system with 512mb ram. My HP CD writer worked perfectly which this unit was to replace.
I am begining to think I have a faulty unit

IClaudio 12:05 22 Jan 04

I've had some trouble with DVD-RW discs - bought two with the drive and had only 50% success. I remember reading elsewhere about incompatibility problems with DVD discs. Can anyone clarify this for me?

I'm afraid that doesn't explain why you have problems with CD...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…