Problem with latest AdAware download

playmofire 18:17 08 Jul 10

When I ran AdAware today I was prompted for a new update. I downloaded this from cnet.com but when I came to install the new version of AdAware the instructions appeared to be in Turkish. Has anyone else had this problem?

northumbria61 22:36 08 Jul 10

Did you get this one - click here

playmofire 07:31 09 Jul 10

Yes. I use Firefox and after clicking on te link in that page the message came up that Fireox had prevented the an automatic redirection to another page. I allowed this and then saved file Ad-AwareInstall.exe to my hard disk.

northumbria61 07:47 09 Jul 10

Uninstall and get download from another site - then reinstall.

playmofire 07:52 09 Jul 10

In view of the install language not being English I didn't install from the exe file just in case. I tried a couple of other sites but found that the files there were old versions from February this year. I try and find another site where the exe file is up-to-date and see what happens.

birdface 08:16 09 Jul 10

I cant see this version being in demand.

click here

They also do the free version of it.

playmofire 08:27 09 Jul 10

Sorry, I didn't make it clear, I am using the free version, hence the download from cnet.

iscanut 18:11 09 Jul 10

Even the download from Filehippo was the Turkish one. I have left it alone and using the previous version ! Like playmofire, I had been prompted to download an update via Cnet.

playmofire 18:28 09 Jul 10

I did email Lavasoft explaining the problem, but they simply directed me to vsrious support forums and said they do not provide support to the free software.

playmofire 21:48 13 Jul 10

I tried a download again today, but still the same problem. presumably Lavasoft will wake up at some time.

playmofire 15:14 21 Jul 10

I downloaded again today and the problem is now solved - the download is in English.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac