Problem Joining Domain

ventanas 08:44 22 Apr 04

Computer bought and setup while I was away on holiday last year. Just discovered that it is on a Workgroup and not the Domain.

When I try to join it I get the following message.

"Multile connections to a server or shared resource by the same user using the more than one user name are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections and try again."

I have deleted all users except me and the admin, which you can't do. Damn message won't go away. Anyone any ideas please?

ventanas 08:47 22 Apr 04

Sorry, should have said. Machine is XP Pro, joining to a Win2k Server.

Diodorus Siculus 08:52 22 Apr 04

click here

Is this guide any help?

ventanas 09:12 22 Apr 04

Thank you very much. I will have a go later. Just had delivery of a new 2.8Ghz so I've something else to play with for the moment.

ventanas 08:58 23 Apr 04

Tried the steps outlined. Still get the message.

I'm going on holiday soon so I'm going to leave it till I get back abd then wipe the thing.

recap 09:21 23 Apr 04

"I have deleted all users except me and the admin"

Try setting the network up with just the Admin account on the system, you shouldn't have to but it's worth giving it a try.

BTW, is there any errors/warning/information in the event viewer that could point you in any other direction as to what the problem could be?

recap 09:22 23 Apr 04

Just had another thought, on the W2K server if you have permissions, add your self to the Domain Admin account, this may bypass the error and allow you to join the domain.

ventanas 09:44 23 Apr 04

Tried to do it with just the admin account, but it won't delete the last user. Says there must always be one user with admin rights. Problem is I'm short on time at the moment. It's still being used logged in as admin. Not ideal but it'll do for now.

I'll have a go with your other suggestion when the machine comes free. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…