Problem with ipod nano!

juliebright 18:00 06 Jan 08

Posted this in the wrong place!

Can someone please tell me why and how to fix a ipod nano that seems frozen with the apple logo on it.My son got one for Christmas and it froze yesterday when he was downloading some music. The computer did not recognise the fact that it was plugged into it so therefore wouldn't charge. So today we went to the store where we purchased it and explained the problem. They replace it without any problem. As soon as he got home he plugged in followed the on screen instructions to register and then downloaded some tunes. He then disconnected when it said it was safe to do so and the same thing happened.....the thing is frozen and we don't know what to do. I'm afraid I'm learning as I go along here and don't have much knowledge of Ipods. Please can someone help us or my son is going to drive me to drink with the mood he is now in!

Crash 18:04 06 Jan 08

Try pressing in the menu and middle buttons at the same time and it should restart after 10-30 secs

juliebright 18:18 06 Jan 08

Yes tried holding the menu and middle button and the screen went completely blank and when I did it again the apple (in black and white)logo came back on. Still connected to comp and in itunes it said cannot recognise this ipod at the moment or somethng like that.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:42 06 Jan 08
  juliebright 19:07 06 Jan 08

Sorry about the double post....slapped hand for me!

Thank you for all that info Gandalf. I'll read through it properly and see if I can get to the bottom of this. I've already tried to reset it and I go from a black (off I think) to a grey with apple logo but the itunes isn't recognising it. I'll leave it for an hour or so plugged in to make sure it is charged although I have no battery on screen to tell me.
Thanks again most helpful

Crash 20:10 06 Jan 08

Did you update the ipod software to the latest version?

mymate 20:15 06 Jan 08

If mine does that i just plug it into the mains or use the car charger, and that seems to un freeze it .U can buy a car charger for ipod in £1 shops

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…