problem with internet settings

llollipoppi 10:02 09 Dec 04

Hi i have norton internet security 2004 and it was working fine but now it wont download the live update it says i'm not connected to the internet but i'm on broadband, i download avg, just for some protection til i got this problem fixed but it says the same thing, cannot download updates as not copnnected to the internet. any ideas? x

llollipoppi 12:25 09 Dec 04

Can anyone help me pleeeeaasse!!!

bretsky 13:00 09 Dec 04

Type in "norton internet security 2004" in the search to the left, there are a few postings on this subject.
Sorry I cannot be more positive.

bretsky ;0)

john-232317 13:25 09 Dec 04

Has it worked before ? Are you on XP?, is the firewall on?, if so go to control panel; win firewall; exceptions tab; is norton ticked in programs and services list, if norton is not there click add progam, then add norton to list and tick.

johnnyrocker 13:29 09 Dec 04

if xp have you d/loaded sp2?

johnny.

tdmoh 14:00 09 Dec 04

I have same problem with Norton 2003. I've just tried adding live update to the windows firewall exception - but it didn't fix live update - Do I need to restart computer ? I will do this later obviously ! Thanks for the help - which I didn't even ask for ! You guys are brilliant

john-232317 20:06 09 Dec 04

you will need reboot, with AVG7 i had to put 3 files in to get it to work.

tornado3 20:11 09 Dec 04

got the same problem so you are not alone.

llollipoppi 12:59 10 Dec 04

Hi guys I havent got service pack 2 and the firewall is not on but It is happenning with the free version of avg as well it just wont download, I even tried restoring my system to a month ago but its still not working any other ideas?

thanks for all the advice so far x

llollipoppi 13:17 10 Dec 04

hi i unistalled then reinstalled and it now works!!!

once again thanks:)x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…