Problem with Internet Explorer properties options

hi-fi 23:48 12 May 04

I am running windows xp. Can anyone tell me why my Internet Explorer icon when right clicked, is not showing me the properties box. It used to always show me things like privicy, security, connections, etc. I have looked in windows programs folder and tried copying internet explorer to the desktop. The program icon goes there but it still wont when right clicked display the internet properties options box! This is baffeling me. Can someone help?

mgmcc 00:04 13 May 04

I was intrigued recently when playing with TweakUI as to why I had the Internet Explorer icon on my desktop when it was unchecked. I checked the box and now had two icons. The one installed by TweakUI is the one which, when right clicked, displays the Internet Options. The other was a basic shortcut.

You must have just the basic shortcut. However, you can also display the "proper" one by right clicking a blank part of the desktop, selecting Propeties and in the Desktop tab, click the Customize button. Tick the box to display Internet Explorer on the desktop.

johnnyrocker 00:37 13 May 04

no prob here tools/internet options will give you the same.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…