Problem with Internet Dial Up

Fenman 16:49 15 Dec 03

The settings on my Dial Up arrangement have changed themselves and I cannot get them back.
The problem is twofold:
1. I have ticked the square to dial up automatically but the tick has been removed and will not stay in place i.e restoring the tick does not result in automatic dial up and the tick is always missing when I try to dial up again.
2. The bottom right hand rectangle always appears with the message "work off line" akthough this has not not been requested. The left hand rectangle says"connect" and clicking rectangle results in a connection but I want to connect on line automatically as soon as I call up Outlook Express or an Internet address.
I have tried everything in Tools - Options etc.etc. but cannot restore the automatic Dial Up which I have been used to.
What can you suggest?

madPentium 17:46 15 Dec 03

If you go into the dial up properties and select the options tab, only the top option should be ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…