Problem with Intel Raid Verification and Repair

Tim 23:00 13 May 10

I have a Gigabyte motherboard with Intel Raid. I have a Raid 1 setup with it. I use Windows 7.

Due to a system crash, it is having to go through the 'Verification and Repair' process. All goes well until it gets to 98% complete. At this point it just stays at 98% complete, with the disks continually being active. It can stay like this for hours without any more appararent progress being made.

If I try and shut down the computer at this point, the computer does eventually shut down, however the disk drives continue to to operate continually and I have to power the computer off at the mains. When I then switch on the computer again the 'Verification and Repair' process starts back at the beginning again.

I have had this sequence happen several times. In the end I had to stop it by cancelling the 'Verification and Repair' process.

Does anyone have any idea of what the problem might be?

Note that I had to do a 'Verification and Repair' process in the past and had no problems.

Thanks,
Tim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…