Problem Installling GeForce6200 on Acer E87ML Mobo

tcool786 08:06 04 Jan 08

Acer Acer Power ST
Board: Acer E87ML
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD R01-C1 07/14/2003

These details I am telling u from my belarc advisor profile.

The problem is I am trying to fit a NVidia GeForce 6200 AGP card to the mobo. The problem is that when I installed it with the NVidia drivers the computer starts up, but I cannot change from the lowest resolution of 4 bit. So, I tried checking the device properties, it says there that "Not Enough Resources Found" or something of that sort on the NVidia Graphics Driver details.

Is there some conflict of resources ? And if so how do I detect and solve this.

PS: I also don't know if I have disabled the old built in graphics card in bios, as I don't know which bios settings to change.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MCE2K5 03:34 05 Jan 08

1: Do you know how much Ram is installed.

2: Did you uninstall the onboard graphics drivers.

tcool786 09:34 05 Jan 08

RAM is 1 GB. And yes I tried uninstalling the onboard graphics drivers.

Do I have to disable the onboard graphics device manually in the bios, if so how do I do that ?

I was thinking of flashing the bios, but I didn't want to take the risk, without trying an alternative.

I even once tried disabling the onboard sound, modem, lan, and even usb devices. Still it gave me the same Code 12 error, not enough resources for this device.

Please help me out someone, I am really confused.

tcool786 09:35 05 Jan 08

If you were asking regarding the RAM of the Graphics Card it is 512MB DDR and it is an AGP8X device.

brundle 09:42 05 Jan 08

Go into the BIOS and change the AGP aperture (gleaned from a couple of google searches). Set it to maximum at first, then take it down a step if the problem isn't solved.

tcool786 09:59 05 Jan 08

Right now the setting is at 256MB of AGP Aperture Size.

Let me try reducing it and I will get back to you.

tcool786 20:13 05 Jan 08

Thanks a ton brundle and MCE2K5. The AGP Aperture was at 256 as I told you, set it to 128 and now it's working. However, just wanted to ask you whether reducing the AGP Aperture size will reduce performance ? And if the AGP Aperture size is 128 MB am I actually using a 512MB AGP card or a 128MB card ?

Thanks again.

Cheers.
tcool786.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…