- Power down
- Disconnect the old HDD
- Plug in the new SSD into lowest number sata port (SATA0), and attach power cable
- GO into BIOS and change all controllers to ACHI
- Power up with Windows 7 DVD in DVD drive
- Proceed to install Windows 7 on SSD
- Power down again once Windows 7 is installed
- Plug in HDD cable and power cord
- reboot and get your files from old HDD
- Install all drivers on new SSD, ie graphics card, ethernet card, printer, mouse, etc....
- Install your Protection programs (antivirus antimalware etc.)
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.