Problem installing Trust sound card

wrinklysteve 22:15 12 Oct 07

Greetings again. Here's a new one for me: the PC has an Intel d845gvsr mother board; the onboard sound is duff so I have bought a Trust SC-5100 5.1 sourround soundcard. It worked OK on a DFI CW35L board but on trying to install on the Intel I get the message: '....your computer is not equipped with our audio chip......' so it won't install.
The question is, which soundcards will work with the Intel board. Any help, please?
TIA

citadel 22:19 12 Oct 07

even if the onboard sound is not working you may still have to change it to disable in the bios.

wrinklysteve 22:40 12 Oct 07

Thanks citadel. I have just disabled onboard sound in BIOS but the 'sound chip' message reappeared. I have updated as many mainboard drivers as I can, including chipset, so is it a fact that the mainboard is missing the necessary chip?

wrinklysteve 13:35 13 Oct 07

While I'm working on this I'm thinking of hedging my bets and looking at USB external sound cards. Do you have any recommendations or advice on this, please? I know they are dearer, are they as good? I see Creative do them.
TIA

marwood61 21:06 31 Dec 07

I had this problem recently, did all of the disabling etc. It turned out that the card was not fully 'home' in the pci slot, I know it seems to be, but trust me, ease it out again then carefully wiggle it as re-installing, making sure it is right 'home'. It seemed to me to be a very awkward card to put in, compared with creative say. I had the exact same message, and I believe its referring to the chip in the soundcard itself.

wrinklysteve 00:59 01 Jan 08

Thanks marwood61. I had forgotten about this one! I solved the problem by fitting a different sound card - the computer has gone so I can't remember which one. The offending sound card went into another PC without any problem so you may have been right about the bad fit.
Many thanks again and Happy New Year.

ambra4 11:34 01 Jan 08

Tick box and click solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…