problem installing sound card

RUSSOKUK 11:11 27 Aug 03

I have had problem with installing my sound card .I go through the routine and get this error message:the file kuserdll on win98 cannot be found.I then click ok and get this message;setup had trouble copying a file click ok to try again if it repears quit setup and try again.tried that and get the same message,if I opt to skip the file I get this message: setup could not finish opening file on your destination disk source file d:\windows98\gm16dls destination file c:windows\sys32\drivers\gm.dls=gm.dls.It then goes on to install the sound card and once finnished the screen seems to blink.My pc has been exposed to some of the recent viruses and I have managed to fix most problems but this for now has me stumped.I have a hewlett packard 1100mhz pc,any help very much appreciated.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:22 27 Aug 03

As far as i can see none of those files are on the win 98 cd not mine anyway,have you got a cd with your sound card drivers on it ?

Regards.

medicine hat 11:27 27 Aug 03

Try copying the sound card driver disk to your hard drive and install from there, with the Win98 disk in the CD drive.

Taff36 11:41 27 Aug 03

Is the sound card manufactured by Roland?
If so this link might help you.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

Apple predictions 2017