problem installing sound card

RUSSOKUK 11:11 27 Aug 03

I have had problem with installing my sound card .I go through the routine and get this error message:the file kuserdll on win98 cannot be found.I then click ok and get this message;setup had trouble copying a file click ok to try again if it repears quit setup and try again.tried that and get the same message,if I opt to skip the file I get this message: setup could not finish opening file on your destination disk source file d:\windows98\gm16dls destination file c:windows\sys32\drivers\gm.dls=gm.dls.It then goes on to install the sound card and once finnished the screen seems to blink.My pc has been exposed to some of the recent viruses and I have managed to fix most problems but this for now has me stumped.I have a hewlett packard 1100mhz pc,any help very much appreciated.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:22 27 Aug 03

As far as i can see none of those files are on the win 98 cd not mine anyway,have you got a cd with your sound card drivers on it ?

Regards.

medicine hat 11:27 27 Aug 03

Try copying the sound card driver disk to your hard drive and install from there, with the Win98 disk in the CD drive.

Taff36 11:41 27 Aug 03

Is the sound card manufactured by Roland?
If so this link might help you.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…