Problem installing some drivers

Re-staw 16:57 25 Mar 09

Hi, im using an Acer Extensa 5220 and ive switched over to XP. The problem now is installing all the drivers.

I downloaded ALL the drivers from this link below:
click here

And most installed perfectly, however i cant seem to find the corresponding driver to the last 2:
click here

Im not sure if i was doing it right but i just looked for the corresponding name in my drivers folder and click setup.exe
click here

Is there a way for it to just search the entrire folder for the drivers it needs...?

jimv7 18:07 25 Mar 09

Right click on the ethernet controller, update driver and browse to the drvers file, click ok.

Do the same for the mass storage controller.

mfletch 18:16 25 Mar 09

Right click on the drive click properties

Click driver if its manufacturer by Microsoft delete it Windows should put a new driver there,

mfletch 18:17 25 Mar 09

Sorry on next restart

Re-staw 18:18 25 Mar 09

It will only search in a subfolder, it wont allow me to select the entire "Drivers" folder.

Re-staw 18:20 25 Mar 09

It isnt by microsoft, it says Unkown.
exactly what is the Mass Storage Controller?

mfletch 18:24 25 Mar 09

I should imagine its for the hard drive

mfletch 18:28 25 Mar 09

Just to add it may be for a external Mass storage device {external hard drive}

Re-staw 18:36 25 Mar 09

from here click here
can you see any drivers that could relate to "mass storage controller"

All others i have found in that folder.

mfletch 18:49 25 Mar 09

Ive just looked on my XP laptop and I have 3 unknown devices under Other devices

It just may be there is no mass storage device install so you dont need the drivers

Re-staw 18:58 25 Mar 09

Oh i see, well thats a releif. thanks =]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…